Saturday, February 25, 2012

Self Portrait Saturday

Today over in Wonderforest, Danna picked a theme. Which was winter. Well, here in the south, it's not really winter anymore. It's more like spring. We didn't even get any snow this winter, which was horrible! But anyway, I pulled on my boots and a longsleeve shirt and went outside. It was a little cold outside, but not that much.
Taking pictures this time was tough because I'm not using my camera. I'm using my dad's large Nikon one, which I am in love with already! I had to use self timer for all of them because I couldn't hold the camera far enough away from me. So after I figured out how to do that, I had to find somewhere to set the camera. We lost the part of the tripod that actually holds the camera, so I had to stack up a bunch of rocks to get the camera high enough to get my head in the pictures.
Well, these are the pictures I took this time. (I can't get the SD card to work on this computer so I'm going to publish this without the pics and edit it in a minute.)
My awesome boots and jeans! Our grass is kind of dead.
I had the camera up in a tree for this picture. It took forever to get the camera in place, and even then it was tilted so it wouldn't fall out.
This is my shadow in the dead grass.

This isn't really a self portrait. My brother came outside to move the wheelbarrow for a party my mom is having this morning. So I started taking pictures of him. He wasn't very happy about that. He was glaring at me when I took this. Isn't he cute?

1 comment:

  1. your winter looks so much better than mine right about now haha. so funny that you had to stack up rocks and put the camera in a tree! i've done the same before though, I think we all have haha. thanks for linking up with me today!
    xo dana
    thewonderforest.com

    ReplyDelete