Thursday, February 16, 2012

Not Talking


When I got on the bus this morning, I made the decision not to talk (I am always doing weird stuff like this). I haven't talked since then, except when my mom called to see if I was home after school, because she would have a heart attack if I didn't answer when she called. None of my friends noticed until lunch, but I hadn't had a class with them yet.
Halfway through lunch, Morgan stops talking and listens for a minute. Then she says, 'It's quiet in here.' Everyone else listens too. Then Morgan figures out what it is. 'Maddie's not talking.' Everyone else agrees. Then they start pestering me about why I'm not talking. Ashton guessed that it was a bet, a dare, I lost my voice, etc. I really don't know why I'm doing this, but it's fun. They played along though and read my lips when I had to tell them something.
My Geography teacher asked a question and everyone was shouting out answers, but they were all wrong. I knew the answer, and I had my hand clamped over my mouth. My teacher saw that I knew the answer, so he called on me. When I didn't answer, Ashton shouts out, 'She's not talking!' My teacher, who was a good sport, just laughed and called on someone else.
So, the day has gone pretty good. I'm going to keep going for a little while, or until everyone gets really annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment